Accounts Made Ezy - FAQs

The tax year runs from 6th April – 5th April. The 20/21 tax year is 6th April 2020 – 5th April 2021.

It is an end of year certificate to show your salary and the tax you have paid in the tax year. You will get a separate P60 from each of your employers.

Your P45 shows your salary and the tax you have paid so far in the tax year. You will get a P45 from your employer when you leave that employment.

You should receive this at the end of the tax year or when you leave an employment. If you do not have it in your records, you should be able to contact your employer/previous employer and request it. Where this isn’t possible, you can contact HMRC and request a breakdown of your income for the tax year required.

Unfortunately no. Due to GDPR restrictions, we cannot access this information on your behalf.

This is your 10-digit unique tax reference number. Every self-assessment taxpayer has their own unique number in order to track their tax records. You will find your UTR on any HMRC self-assessment letter, previous tax return, notice to file a tax return or self-assessment statement of account. If you are unable to locate your UTR number, HMRC will be able to assist you.

You may need to complete a self-assessment if any of the following circumstances apply to you. Start you Self Assessment Today

31st January each year for online submissions.

You will receive an immediate £100 penalty. This penalty may then increase until you submit your tax return.

Yes, expenses that were wholly and exclusively incurred in the performance of your job role through the tax year. We are happy to discuss with you which expenses are allowable.

They are advanced payments towards your next year’s tax bill. If your tax liability is over £1000, payments on account are applied.

We are happy to talk you through what we require to create your tax return. We also have a self-assessment questionnaire which details everything that needs to be declared on your tax return. You can fill this in and return to us with any other supporting documents.

When we send out a draft of your tax return for you to review, we will also send over a copy   of our invoice and bank details for you to make payment.

The draft of the tax return we send over to you will contain a breakdown of any taxes owed to HMRC or owed back to you from HMRC. We will also confirm any payment that is due, when it is due by and provide the correct bank details for you to make payment.

Once we have filed your self-assessment through our tax filing software we will forward the submission receipt over to you with details of any payments you need to make to HMRC.